The Chimney Corner has been accepted on to the Buy With Confidence (BWC) scheme whose aim is to protect customers from companies that trade unfairly.
The scheme was launched by a partnership of Local Authority Trading Standards Services who responded to concerns regarding ‘rogue traders’.
“The scheme provides consumers with a list of local businesses which have given their commitment to trading fairly” www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk Every business listed has undergone a series of detailed checks before being approved as a member of the scheme.
“It can be almost impossible identifying the companies that are committed to providing a quality service that is fair for the customer. We felt that the BWC scheme was a great opportunity to put our money where our mouth is”. Lisa Wight, Client Liaison and Installation Manager.
Membership of the scheme is not given lightly. In order to become a Buy With Confidence member, a business must pass a set of tailored background checks as well as the following;
- complaints history review
- a visit from Trading Standards
- good references are required from previous customers
- applicants must agree to abide by the scheme’s code of conduct, which requires them to follow the letter and spirit of the law.
- criminal records disclosure may also be required in some circumstances
- applicants must provide every customer with a feedback form which is sent directly to BWC
Only if all the scheme requirements are met, will a business be granted membership, and their conduct will continue to be monitored thereafter. You can expect any problems to be dealt with fairly by the business, and you can turn to Trading Standards for advice in the event of an unresolved issue.